There was an error in this gadget

Monday, July 23, 2012

till he has mercy upon us


Psalm 123 To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens! Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he has mercy upon us. So our eyes look to the LORD our God, till he has mercy upon us. Wow…WE keep looking, we keep trusting, we keep holding our hands out in need. And we wait. We can’t rush God. We need to wait. How often I forget this. How often I take my eyes off him. I get lazy, I get tired, I start trusting in other things. I need to keep my eyes upon God. How long? Until mercy is given. He is my salvation. He is my rock! Why do I turn to other things? Being a follower of Christ is sometimes so simple, yet other times so hard. My own life needs to follow the pattern of this Psalms more. It starts with lifting our eyes to God. It starts by going to him. Trusting in him. Looking to him. And once we turn we see God. We see him enthroned in the heavens. We see him as King. We see his glory. We know that he is in control. And the we try and relate to him. We try and find things that gives us pictures of how he provides. The same way that a servant must wait for the hand of the master to provide…We must wait on God. Servants were not well respected. They were often mistreated and had no means of protecting themselves. The only thing that they could do was wait for the master to protect them. And so we call out. We denounce our own resources to protect ourselves. We cry out that we cannot do it. We ask for him to shield and protect us. What more could we want? We have God taking our life under his gaurd. Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us, for we have had more than enough of contempt. Our soul has had more than enough of the scorn of those who are at ease, of the contempt of the proud. And it ends with a plee. A cry for help. It ends with us confessing the weight that is upon our souls. And we wait. We wait for mercy…

No comments:

Post a Comment