There was an error in this gadget

Monday, July 23, 2012

Crown Him Lord of All


Rest. Real rest. Eternal rest. Hope. Christ. My Lord. My God. That is reason to be thankful. We have a risen and living Lord. Yet those are truths I am often having to remind myself of. I have a mind that wanders. I tend to forget who is in charge. For those who know me, I'm sure you have some kind of opinion of me. Here is my opinion of me. I spent a lot of time fighting for joy. I spend time grabbing and pushing my way through thought days where things seem hopeless. Today for some reason was one of those day. I had to keep fighting. I had to keep going. Even as I write this, I am writing to remind myself of the greatness of my God. I am trying to praise God in spite of how I feel. I have had to run to the word all day. I have had to surround myself with worship music and spend time on my knees praising. I had to keep reminding myself of Christ. There is an old hymn that I have grown very fond of. It is called "How firm a foundation." The first stanza reads "How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,?Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!?What more can He say than to you He hath said,?You, who unto Jesus for refuge have fled? " I love that. Now while I don't put hymns above scripture, this song is Biblical in every-way. Look at the starting point. It is the foundation that I stand on. It is based on the Word of God. That is the foundation. The next part is what is said in the Word that makes it so strong. It is the person of Christ. What more can God say to me? What more can he offer? He has given me all I need in Christ. So in my times of trials and struggles I want to flee to Jesus. I want him to be my refuge. I want to rest my weary soul upon the cross. I want to turn to His word. The only thing that needs to be done in trials in to rejoice. To rejoice that I get to tested. To have joy that my faith is being refined. One of the songs that has been on repeat today is "Raise Up The Crown (All Hail The Power of Jesus Name)." I keep going back to crowning Him Lord of all. Is he not the Lord of life? Is he not the Lord of faith? If he can secure my salvation and take away the wrath of God, surly today is not a big deal for him. So...That's my rambling for the day. I'm going to go back to a few songs. I'm going to go back to the one thing that actually offers comfort. The word of God. It works. It is sharp. It is effect. It is full of power. (Heb 4:12) If you struggle...Go to the same place. Turn off the TV, shut down your phones, turn off the computer, and run...Run to the word. Flee to Jesus. What more can be said? He is king. There are no new words of hope to be offered. There is no new thing that will work. There is only Christ. There is only the power of Jesus name. There is only the Lord of all to turn too. So sing praise. Take hope in Christ and His word. Rest in Him. Flee to the cross. Become a refuge. Become someone weak. Become someone who needs a king. Give up all hope of independence. Turn to the King of Ages. Fall at His feet. Fall and rest. Fall and worship. Fall and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment